Only seven more Fridays until Christmas!
Last night, my little Bean said,
Today we looked on the calendar and we have nine home days coming up!
And then she counted on her little fingers one through nine.
Which also means I realized she has NINE home days coming up (for Thanksgiving).
That doesn’t include the four home days she has next week for Veteran’s Day.
How do these children get an education with so much time off?
In my day, we went to school every, single day—weekends included—and we liked it.
(That’s not true. That’s an alternative fact made up to make the story better.)
While I figure out what I’m going to do with a Small Child for 13 days in November while I work, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
(That also is an alternative fact. I’m way too organized to not already have it figured out.)
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
This week’s videos are courtesy of Susan Cellura, Bob LeDrew, Kate Nolan, and yours truly.
5. Running for Student Council. Kids are crazy creative! Walker is running for student council and, as he says, “Action speak louder than words.” He invited his sister and two of her friends to help him win votes. Vote for Walker!
4. It’s Safe to Go Back Inside. This is hilarious! A cop is updating reporters on a situation inside a dispensary and someone asks if he can go in and get his 20 sack now. There’s no hostage situation, so yeah, go on with your bad self.
Cop: It’s safe. There’s no one with a gun at the dispensary
Dude: So can I buy pot now?
Cop: *barely holds in laughter*
Welcome to Toronto. pic.twitter.com/xZPbxIUCce
— Eric Mark Do (@EricMarkDo) October 26, 2017
3. What is a Photocopier? In this dramatization of transcripts from a legal deposition, a lawyer becomes embroiled in an absurd argument about the definition of a photocopier. And it is the most absurd thing you will see all week. Maybe even all month. All quarter! And, dare I say, perhaps even all year? It’s that absurd.
2. Hallowe’en Zombie Bhangra Dance. I know Halloween has passed, but this is just fun to watch. And guess what? You, too, can dance Bhangra to a pop song. Just watch and learn. And then video it and send it to me!
1. Boys Ask Dad’s Girlfriend to Marry Him. Go ahead and try not to cry when you watch this. It is the sweetest thing ever. These three little boys ask their dad’s girlfriend to marry him and it will cause you to choke up. I guarantee it.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!