Well, for the second time EVER, Spin Sucks has beat Danny Brown in the AdAge rankings.
Today we are #35 and he is #36.
Because the universe will have righted itself by Monday and he’ll jump back ahead of us, I have to take advantage and brag today!
My mom would say, “You’re going to break your arm patting yourself on the back.”
Love you tons, Danny, but I love beating you even more…even if it’s only for one day out of 13,000 gazillion billion.
OK…no more. Don’t want to break my arm.
Gin and Topics…at your service!
5. Where Good Ideas Come From. I found this awesome “good ideas” video on iBlogZone. So, thank you, Francisco Perez! I first saw this presentation format when Dan Pink did a 15 minute version of “Drive” and it’s become a fascination. If you haven’t ever experience it, this is a great intro because the information is excellent, too.
4. Six Signs You’ve Lost Faith In Yourself. I’m not going to sit here and pretend life is rosy for any of us. If you live in the U.S., the pending deadline for the debt ceiling is likely stressing you out. As a small business owner, I’m beyond stressed about it. If you’re feeling like you’re in a rut, this article will help. It has six tips for getting yourself back on track.
3. Seven Habits that Make Great Opportunities Happen. Liz Strauss writes this really intelligent piece for OpenForum about making things happen for yourself. I think we’re all guilty of doing the same thing over and over again so we get bored with it. We tend to forget that, even though we’re bored, the person we’re working with has never seen it before. Liz highlights this and other tips for encouraging a shift in fate.
2. The Last Mogul Moments. It’s no surprise I love Jeff Jarvis. But I hardly ever include him here because, well, it’s hard to get around his use of the F word. But I found a blog post that works! He’s not exactly been quiet about his feelings toward Rupert Murdoch and this post is no exception. But he makes a really interesting point that Murdoch is the last of the media moguls and we’re about to see the breed die. Completely.
1. Hey Ya! My friend Brankica Underwood had this posted on Google+ and I was so happy to find it! Watch the kid on the right. He has some SERIOUS moves.
And now that you’re in a good mood, I want you to watch this Commit65 video with my friend Matt Pipkin. I think it’s important for everyone to see how far $30, a black marker, and some big paper goes to advancing a cause when you really believe in it.
And, if you can donate, even better!
Happy weekend! And, don’t forget, Sunday is unplug your technology day!