Hello, Friday! It’s nice to see you again so soon.
Because you have bestowed upon us such glorious weather and my high school buddy, Mike Koehler, is in town, I think we shall go for a long bike ride.
The thing I have to now decide is if I go easy on him or make him work really hard for 40ish miles. What? You don’t think I should go easy on him? OK. You win.
While I’m beating the crap out of him, I will leave you with some entertainment.
5. Dog Wants a Kitty. Oh man! I wish I could do this with Jack Bauer. Dubbing words for their little movements. It’s so funny! In this episode, Clyde learns he’s about to get a baby sister. On the docket for this weekend: Try dubbing a voice for JB.
4. Word Crimes. There is only one thing better than Robin Thicke singing Blurred Lines. That is Weird Al singing Word Crimes to the same tune. Mr. D posted on Facebook that this is my new theme song. He knows me so well. But, while he gets credit for sending it to me first, six other people sent it to me. Which means my reputation precedes me.
3. The Willis Clan. It’s a real live Von Trapp family! And all of their names begin with the letter J. Watch the youngest during the performance. So freaking adorable.
2. Malcolm Gladwell and Friends. I will admit I was a bit leery at the beginning of this, but it turned out to be really freaking funny! Malcolm Gladwell earned some more respect from me when he took on the “Amazon fulfillment director” about the Amazon-Hachette showdown.
1. Always #LikeAGirl. I’ll admit this made me tear up a little bit. We throw around the term “like a girl” as if it’s an insult: You hit like a girl, you run like a girl, you throw like a girl. This is a pretty powerful video about how young girls see those phrases compared to those of us who have passed puberty.
Have a great weekend!