Holy smokes, where does the time go?
It’s November. NOVEMBER.
Fall has, without question, settled in here in central Pennsylvania, but we won’t talk about the fact that it’s nearly 70 degrees right now.
I finally caved and turned the heat on last week, though I was really trying to hold out for a few more weeks. Now, I have no excuse.
The cycling season is nearly over — and that makes me very sad. I’m just not looking forward to spending hours on the trainer. As long as the roads are clear and it’s not too cold, I’m going to keep riding outside for as long as I can. My goal is to make it until December, but we’ll see. Fingers crossed.
5. Star Wars Bloopers. I’m downright nerdy about A LOT of things, but my love and adoration for all things Star Wars is the stuff of legend — in my own head, anyway. When this blooper reel from the original Star Wars surfaced a couple of days ago, I squee’d my nerdy little lungs out.
4. An Astronaut’s Guide to Earth. You’d think wearing an astronaut’s space suit would just make everything cooler, right? In this brilliant video promoting Commander Chris Hadfield’s new book, an astronaut just back from a mission is having a really, really hard time readjusting. A great example of visual storytelling with some seriously awesome music.
3. Back to the Future In Real Life. Have you ever thought about how silly some movie plots are if they were played out in real life? Well, an improv group seeks to answer that question — with hilarious results. Little known fact about me: I’ve always desperately wanted to own a Delorean.
2. NYPD vs. A Lot of Longboarders. Every year, longboarders in NYC get together for the Broadway Bomb, an eight mile push race through traffic. It’s unsanctioned and kindasorta illegal. Watch what happens when the NYPD tries to stem the tide. In case you were wondering, “Yakkety Sax” makes everything better — and much more funny.
1. Halloween Treats Gone Wrong. Crest and OralB team up to pull the old switcheroo on some unsuspecting kids, replacing all that glorious Halloween candy with healthier, vegetable-flavored chews. The results are hilarious. Who knew that broccoli-flavored gummies could taste so bad? Don’t answer that, Gini. (From Gini: Broccoli is disgusting in all forms.)