Another week comes and goes…do weeks seem to be going by really, really fast or is it just me?
You know what, don’t answer that!
Labor Day weekend has come and gone, my tan is fading, but my favorite season is upon us!
Although we did have a few 90 degree days in Chicago a few weeks ago, which was a nice, last hurrah for the summer and Sunday marks the first day of fall!
It’s getting cooler, which means I no longer sweat like a beast.
Fall means apples, pumpkins, cinnamon, ginger, sweet potatoes, caramel, pies, squash…I might gain 20 pounds just by talking about all the deliciousness fall brings.
And now I’m daydreaming of pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting…
PSL – that’s pumpkin spice lattes for those of you not in the know (see I DO know some acronyms!) are back, I finally can watch some good TV, wear my favorite boots, scarves, sweaters, oh, and football!
Plus it’s a great time to embrace the five-year-old in me who wants to go apple picking, pumpkin picking and carving, visit haunted houses, and hop on a hayride.
Although I don’t so much as pick apples as I go to Apple Holler (a cute orchard right over the border in Wisconsin) and buy the ones already picked….it’s a war zone in that apple orchard people! Don’t say I never warned you!
5. It Feels Like the First Time. I love these videos, but I’d kill my husband if he ever took one of me. You know, the ones where you wake up after surgery and are so out of it you don’t even recognize your own spouse?!
4. Blaine Gabbert: The Real American. There’s loving your quarterback, then there’s this…and that’s all Mr. D and I have to say about this video.
3. Broadway Versions of Hip Hop Songs. I love Jimmy Fallon. There, I said it. The cat is out of the bag now. He’s freaking hilarious, and if you know me then you know the way to my heart is through food and humor, so he’s half way there. He decided to make Broadway versions of a few rap songs, donning a pretty blonde wig with Ariana Grande.
2. Star Wars Episode IV According to a Three-Year-Old. We all know kids say the darndest things. Even explaining every day things usually results in some pretty funny answers. See what this little girl has to say about the shiny guy and the light sword. Maybe it’s the way she says Obi Kenobi that gets me?!
1. Evolution of End Zone Dancing. Oh Jimmy, you made it not once, but twice in my collection of videos, and a cameo from none other than JT. You know hilarity ensues when these two get together whether they rap or dance, so you’re welcome in advance! P.S. The last dance is the best!
NOTE from Lindsay: Please feel free to email your video finds to me, as well as Gini, each week! I’ll be working with Gin and Topics guest writers until the beginning of October, and it’s a huge help. I can be reached at [email protected]
Have a great weekend everyone!