My birthday is in one week!
Between Laura Petrolino and me, you’re probably groaning, rolling your eyes, or cursing our names by now.
(I’ve been reminding my team every day since February 1.)
But one more week! Woo hoo!
Today I begin a three-week celebration that is bookended with seeing The Bodyguard tonight and Hamilton on the 24th.
Broadway in Chicago and I are going to be fast friends by month’s end.
While I figure out what I’m going to wear to the theater tonight, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
5. Teacher Has Personalized Handshakes with Every One of His Students. I told this story in our Slack community. When I gave the commencement speech last year at Tribeca Flashpoint College, there was a professor who had a different handshake for his students. And, as he called them up on stage to accept their diplomas, they each did their unique handshake. I was so incredibly moved by that. That’s why I love this video of a fifth grade teach in Charlotte, who does the same thing.
4. Stranger Things Cast Acceptance Speech. This is worth it, simply to see Winona Ryder’s facial expressions. I later read that the expressions were because she was trying to follow along, but couldn’t hear. Though I like someone else’s reason—she’s working on an emoji keyboard.
3. Puppies Predict Super Bowl LI. I mean, puppies. Puppies. AND MORE PUPPIES. This is not quite a scientific way to predict the Super Bowl winner. I’m also not sure I agree with the results. BUT PUPPIES!
2. Bad Lip Reading of the NFL 2017. I will never get tired of these! “Happy sidewalk day. I hope your sidewalk is happy.” Seriously, this is what I would do in a second life. So. Funny.
1. Father-Daughter Duo Performs You’ve Got a Friend in Me. My threenager just said to me, “Mommy, will you please not sing my favorite Moana song?” So I’m DYING for the day when she’ll let me sing a duet with her, like little Claire and her daddy. I’m so jealous!
Have a great weekend! And don’t forget…I’m always looking for fun contributions to Gin and Topics. Don’t be shy!