You guys! I totally spatchcocked my turkey last week!
It was waaaaaaaay easier than I anticipated. I did have to have the butcher remove the backbone and the breast bone (the recipes don’t tell you that part).
Then I dry brined him overnight, rubbed some herb butter (rosemary, sage, and thyme) under his skin, set him on a bed of root vegetables, and cooked him for 90 minutes.
He was a masterpiece. And only took 90 minutes! Talk about a stress-free way to cook a bird.
That said, I can’t believe Thanksgiving was only a week ago. It feels like it was last year already.
I hope you all had a great holiday and are looking forward to the holidays you celebrate this month.
We have only three Gin and Topics left for the year (not running on December 26 or January 2) so I will let you get to it.
5. Smoosh It. I don’t know what I love more about this video: The dude and his serious moves, his partner in her high-heeled boots, or the fact that they clearly practice this at home. I’m going to tell Mr. D. that we need to do this.
4. WestJet Christmas Miracle. Last year, WestJet launched a new campaign (that actually began in the PR department) to give gifts to their customers. I’ll admit it made me a little teary, but I thought there was no way they could top it. I was wrong. Here is this year’s campaign. You’ll cry. I guarantee it.
3. Stronger Beer. Yesterday, Lindsay and I debated the word “project.” She wanted to know if I meant “pro-ject” or “prah-ject” in an internal document where I wrote “project.” I was so confused! What we finally decided is Canadians are weird and Americans are snooty. And this video proves our point. (BTW, I love that every mention of the NFL is a picture of a busty cheerleader.)
2. Puppy’s Favorite Song. This is hilarious! This dog loves “Let it Go.” But wait until the end so you see what happens when they change the song. Freaking adorable!
1. Arby’s: We Have Pepsi. Arby’s has a deal with Pepsi that they are to feature the soft drink brand in two commercials every year. They forgot about the second commercial this year. This is what came out of the mistake.
Have a great weekend!