Another Friday, another week closer to the end of the first quarter.
Note to self: Get the second quarter plan finished stat. You have only one week left.
It’s hard to believe this year is going by as quickly as it is. Time flies when you’re having fun!
Spring is trying really hard to arrive in Chicago. We’re consistently hitting 40 degrees now.
I hope where you are you’re seeing flowers beginning to bloom and can hear the screams of kids playing outside.
In between bouts of playing outside, I give you this week’s Gin and Topics.
5. Blah, Blah Dog. If you have teenagers (or were one yourself!), you know how annoying it is to hear, “Blah, blah, blah” from them. But what if your dog said it, too??
4. Benny Hill Rave. Ever been to a rave? Ever danced in a rave (raved in a rave?)? You know, then, it’s pretty hard to dance to rave music. You kind of just sway. But what happens when the music is stripped out from your rave dance video and Benny Hill/Yakety Sax music is put in?
3. If Google Was a Guy. So let’s say Google wasn’t a search engine and was an actual guy sitting at his desk answering your questions. And let’s say you go into his office and ask him the questions you’d use Google to find. This is what would happen.
2. Sophie Rolls Down a Hill. I don’t know which is more funny…an English bulldog puppy rolling down a hill or the jacket it’s wearing. What I do know, however, is this makes me want to go outside and roll down a hill. Just as soon as the snow melts and it gets warm.
1. Two Man Lion King Doo Wop. We can’t, of course, have a Gin and Topics without Jimmy Fallon. In this clip, he and Billy Joel create a doo wop performance using their own voices and an iPad app. While it’s not his typical hilarious act, you will watch it and grin. I also love that you can tell Fallon is nervous to be sitting with Billy Joel…and singing of all things. Even Fallon gets nervous!
Have a great weekend!