I have a favor to ask!
Orbit Media is doing a blogger survey and the goal is to get 1,000 respondents (adds more credibility when the number is that large). If you blog, will you do them a kindness and take it?
And then leave a comment for me (there isn’t a spot in the survey that asks for your name) because we’re giving away five copies of Spin Sucks. But not just a copy of the book…it will be signed by Andy Crestodina! Winners will be randomly drawn.
You can take the survey by clicking here. It’s really short so should take you less than two minutes.
I think I speak for Andy when I say he appreciates it… and I do, too!
And, as an instant gratification reward, I give you this week’s Gin and Topics.
1. Seattle Symphony and “Baby Got Back.” I have to say, the Seattle Symphony is awfully hip to have Sir Mix-A-Lot perform with them on stage. He invites ladies from the audience to the stage and what occurs next is, well, baby definitely got back.
2. Dog Story of a Man’s Best Friend. About 11 years ago, my best friend and her husband went on vacation and left their toddler in my care for a week. I took video of our time together and edited into a keepsake for them. I’d like to think it was thoughtful and eased their worries about being away. So imagine my surprise when a dogsitter stole my idea and made a video of his week with a Whippet. It takes a couple of minutes to get funny so stick with it!
3. Swan Lake. Little known fact: I danced ballet all the way through college. In fact, it was my minor. I’ve performed in hundreds of recitals and attended even more performances. I have never seen anything this incredible. It’s Cirque de Soleil on steroids and in pointe shoes. Really, really amazing power and strength. You’ll be envious you can’t make your body move like this.
4. Sleepy Puppy. Poor, poor Thor! He doesn’t want to get out of bed. It’s too early! At two minutes in, you think he’s going to get up and then not so much. Hilarious! Related: Great dane puppies are adorable.
5. Tight Pants. I am so excited! This is not the normal Will Ferrell and Jimmy Fallon Tight Pants video that I like to revisit from time to time. Rather, this is Jimmy Fallon and Jennifer Lopez doing a remake of the original. It is spectacular. It is so spectacular, more than six million people have already watched it. And it just aired on Monday night. I have to say, the star and chime on her butt at the end wraps it all up with a tidy bow.
Have a great weekend!