This isn’t a statement on politics, and I don’t want it to derive to that (after all, you should never talk about religion or politics in public because all you’ll do is offend), but it is pretty incredible to be living in the middle of history making.
When Hillary Clinton clinched the nomination on Tuesday night, she tweeted:
To every little girl who dreams big: Yes, you can be anything you want — even president. Tonight is for you.
I have so many friends who watched with their daughters and posted photos about what it means for them and their families.
And, yes, it’s true! We can be anything we want.
It almost makes me cry!
Sure, there is still a lot of work to do, but let’s all start bashing through that glass ceiling!
And speaking of glass, it’s time to fill your glass with an adult beverage and watch some Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Amanda Cleary-Eastep and me.
5. Chewbacca Is Scared of Everything. Poor Chewie! He has lost his growl, which has been replaced by a high-pitched scream. May he never be scared again.
4. Broadway Carpool Karaoke Featuring Hamilton and More. Here is your Tony Awards prep! Watch it before Sunday night so you’re both ready for the awards show and James Corden. When they start singing “Rent,” you’ll be glued to the screen. On a side note: I read that people are paying $10,000 a ticket for the final show of “Hamilton” in NYC (and then they’re coming to Chicago!!). I mean, really.
3. Mark Wahlberg Talks to Kids. Mark Wahlberg sits down to have a talk with kids about the birds and the bees. “Have you ever heard of whoopie? Doin’ the nasty? Gettin’ your freak on?” But it goes much further than the birds and the bees. Very, very funny!
2. Jimmy Gets Parenting Advice from Kids. This is a couple of years old, but I somehow missed it. Jimmy Kimmel and his wife were about to have a baby so he asked for parenting advice…from a six-year-old girl. She might be the cutest thing alive. The way she handles him is incredibly brilliant. I love her.
1. Convos With My Five-Year-Old: Charades. I love these. This is an actual Charades game with this guy’s five-year-old daughter and three-year-old son, as re-enacted by him and two other full-grown men.
Have a great weekend!