I hope you all had wonderful holidays and enjoyed Gin and Topics hosted by Susan Cellura.
(Despite the squirrel video she just had to include. Why do we give them so much attention? They deserve nothing from us. Little jerks.)
Though the holidays are over, there are a couple of videos in this week’s Gin and Topics that are holiday-related.
My decorations are still up so I figure it’s OK to eek out one more week of the holiday spirit.
(Don’t worry! They’re coming down on Sunday. I’m not one of those people.)
Now I give you the first Gin and Topics of 2018.
Without Further Ado…Gin and Topics
5. Meet Mike from Walgreens. In a world that seems like we’ve forgotten how to be nice to one another, Mike from Walgreens restores your faith in all humankind. And now, because of Ellen, when you are in St. Louis, you have to stop by Walgreens and meet Mike.
4. The Supporting Act. Too often, we find ourselves pulled in many different directions, with parenting, work, aging parents, community service, and more. This short film from BBC One reminds us what is important. And, if you haven’t yet chosen your one word for 2018, why not make it “present”? As in, be present.
3. A Very Merry Mistake #MirryChristmus #AirNZXmas. I know the holidays are over, but this had to be included. I love when the flight crew explains how to understand the Kiwi accent by explaining what the vowels really sound like.
2. Deadpool’s “Wet on Wet” Teaser. This is not safe for work or children because of language and sexual innuendo. But if you’re a Deadpool fan and haven’t yet seen this Bob Ross-like trailer, it’s a must watch. Just do it alone. In a dark bedroom under the covers so no one sees what you’re watching.
1. Gorillas React to Their Reflections. Because gorillas are my most favorite animal and because they crack me up, acting like little old men, I give you today’s final video. Find out how they react when they see their reflection. I’m in love!
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to us.
Happy New Year!