There have been a ton of submissions with the Baby Shark song/challenge/whatever the heck you want to call it.
I may have mentioned this last week, but I could not WAIT for us to get past that phase with my small one. Ug. And now it’s everywhere!
So if you want Baby Shark videos, this is not the place for you. I’m sorry. I just cannot do it.
And. I. Just. Cannot.
His voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me. I know it’s not rational. I know he’s supposedly talented. Just not for me.
So if you’re curious, it’s linked above, but I did not watch it so I cannot guarantee its … well, anything.
But before I let you go to the videos I have vetted, I would just like to remind you…
Buddy the Elf says only 11 more Fridays until Christmas!
Without Further Ado…Gin and Topics
This week’s videos are courtesy of Susan Cellura, Mattie Dietrich, and yours truly.
5. The New Presidential Alert System. What could possibly go wrong with a president who likes to tweet at 5 a.m. during his bowel movements? Now he has access to our phones. This might be what cures us all of our smart phone addictions.
4. Gay Penguins Kidnap Baby Chick. This may be funny only to me because my kid LOVES penguins. She wants to be a penguin when she grows up (and we tell her she can do anything she wants, if she puts her mind to it). So, of course, we love any video with penguins.
3. LA vs. NY. Jimmy Kimmel does his annual, “Who is funnier? Kids in NY or kids in LA?” I will say that I laughed out loud more times at the kids in LA. Sorry, NY!
2. Ellen’s Most Elaborate Scare Prank Yet. I might love this more than I should because, if we had an office, I would totally do this to my team. When Lindsay Bell-Wheeler worked with us, it would have been spiders. I can’t tell you who or what I’d do to colleagues now because we always have our in-person meetings. I freaking love Ellen. And this? This is H-I-larious. (Also, this will prove that everything in Australia will kill you.)
1. The Wonky Donkey. First of all, what kind of children’s book is this?! If this is a children’s book, I can totally publish the stories, poems, and songs I’ve made up in the past five years. In fact, I may. But more than that, if you haven’t yet seen this (it’s made the rounds), it’ll make your heart sing. It’ll make your eyes water. It’ll make your entire day.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in the Spin Sucks community, but you can also email, text, private message, or Pony Express it to us.
Whatever works for you. Send it to me. You’ll be rewarded with a link back to your content. Your beautiful content.
Have a great weekend!