Well, here we are. One more week closer to Christmas.
I finally sat down on Wednesday night and did ALL of my Christmas shopping in about 90 minutes.
It happened so quickly, Citibank stopped letting me use my credit card until I called to confirm it was, indeed, me making all those purchases.
But it’s finished and now all that is left to do is wrap.
This weekend is the Dietrich family Christmas and Mattie will be very happy that
I Mr. D not only figured out what to get her for Christmas, but for her birthday (which is on Sunday).
December is a crazy month. Not only do we have Christmas, but my dad, Mr. D’s mom, Mattie, and a niece and a nephew were all born this month. I’m going to have to work an extra 40 hours this week just to pay for it all!
So now we can sit back, relax, and watch a little Gin and Topics.
5. WestJet Christmas Miracle. If this doesn’t make you cry, you clearly do not have a heart. I’m both impressed and astounded the WestJet employees pulled this off. I won’t give it away, but believe me when I say it’s worth the watch.
4. Trick Shot Titus. We’ve seen Titus before. He’s a little bit older now, but he still can make a basketball shot from crazy angles, distances, and lengths. And this time he has Bradley Cooper and Channing Tatum taking him on. Your heart will be warm and your eyes a little damp after watching this.
3. Moscow Giving Away Train Rides for Squats. I heard about this on NPR and then Alina sent the video to me. The gist of it is (I’ll translate the Russian for you), to promote public transportation ahead of the Winter Olympics, Moscow is encouraging physical fitness. If you can do 30 squats in front of a computer at the train station, you get to ride for free. I love how a couple of guys played Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who would do the squats.
2. Mastercard Red Sox Ad. Before the Red Sox won the World Series, Mastercard asked fans what they would give for a championship. Some people said they would give up worldly possessions, others a first born, and Denis Leary mentioned a body part. When the Sox won, Mastercard came a callin’.
1. You Shall Not Pass, Dog. This is hilarious! These great, big dogs are scared of the cats who live in their homes. They won’t go through a door, up or down stairs, or pass a cat in any fashion. Poor puppies! As a side note: While I was watching this, Jack Bauer started to whine. He must know what these dogs are saying!
Have a great weekend!