Happy April Fools Day!
Have you noticed, for the past two days, everyone has been cautioning not to believe anything you see on the Internet?
Just open Facebook and you get a warning from them: “Best of luck out there!”
I even sent a text to the Dietrich family and reminded them that a certain someone (not me!) always tries to trick them today.
(I think that could be equated as a party pooper. I may have just lost my spot as favorite daughter-in-law. I’m the only daughter-in-law, but I still may have lost my spot.)
Anyway, I hope you aren’t tricked into believing something is true today. Let’s all move through our days with caution.
For those of you who missed Gin and Topics last week, I’m sorry! I decided to take a break with Easter weekend and all.
5. Oliver Jeffers Film. If you have young kids, you likely know the book, The Day the Crayons Quit. This is a short film about its author, Oliver Jeffers, and how he captures all of his ideas. While not a normal Gin and Topics video, Kate and I thought you’d enjoy it because what he speaks to can be applied to what every one of us does every day.Need some help with your creativity and ideas? This Oliver Jeffers video will inspireClick To Tweet
4. Holoportation. You guys! This is the coolest thing I have EVER seen! You remember in Star Wars when Princess Leia has a message for Obi-Wan Kenobi and it’s her hologram? IT IS HERE! In the near future, we will all be able to do this. Coolest. Thing. Ever. Think about what this means. Not only can you attend meetings without getting on a plane, now you can leave Thanksgiving before Uncle Rich gets drunk and starts talking politics. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!Ever wanted to teleport to a meeting or back home for a holiday? It's not very far away!Click To Tweet
3. Pup Quiz with Ben Affleck. Jimmy Fallon invites Ben Affleck on do his own style of trivia. When the person gets an answer correct, they win a puppy. And who doesn’t love puppies? (Though I am curious what happened to said puppies at the end of the show.) It’s pretty darn cute!Ben Affleck + Jimmy Fallon + puppies = trivia goldClick To Tweet
2. Misheard Song Lyrics. When we were kids, my mom sang, “meet me in Iowa” to Steve Winwood’s Higher Love. To this day, that’s how I sing that song. (Now you will, too. You’re welcome!) This is an 11 minute video—and you probably don’t need to watch the entire thing—but the first few minutes are hilarious!What is a song lyric you've misheard?Click To Tweet
1. Emma Watson Drop the Beat. Not only is Emma Watson A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E, but her humility is contagious and her accent is to die for. She has Lin-Manuel Miranda on her show to talk gender equality. He says the only way he will freestyle is if she beat boxes. It’s the best thing you will see all week. (Also, don’t read the comments.)Emma Watson and Lin-Manuel Miranda do a little free styling and beat boxing for gender equalityClick To Tweet
Have a great weekend!