Well, the big day has finally arrived. No, it’s not my birthday. It’s not a wedding day. Heck, not even Ellie Pierce’s baby has arrived yet.
Today is Laura Petrolino’s birthday!
I pretended all morning that I forgot and I know it was driving her crazy.
We talked about all the snow in Maine and a bunch of work stuff and not once did I mention her birthday.
I am evil. That was fun.
Happy, happy birthday, Laura!
When Lindsay Bell suggested I interview you for the client services job, I’ll admit I was dubious. But after spending many hours on Skype with you, interviewing you in person, and now having worked with you for more than a year, I can say it was the one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
In fact, Randy Hall is super jealous you came to work here instead of to work with him…still. To this day.
You’re on a great career path here and I hope you stay forever. At least until I get the title “chairman emeritus” and retire to Colorado to ski six months out of the year.
Everyone join me in wishing the unicorn-loving, rainbow-spreading, ultra-positive ninja Laura a very happy birthday!
5. Blizzapocalypsegeddon ’15 – The White-Erdammerung! I have to say, I was super envious of all the snow predicted to hit the east coast. It made me nostalgic for the two feet of snow we got overnight a few years ago. And I realize some areas, such as Boston, did get a lot of snow. But this Jon Stewart piece about the overly hyped snow in New York City is pretty stinking funny!
4. Weather Map Goes Crazy On the Air. This, my friends, is a great case study in how one reacts when something doesn’t go according to plan. Temperatures as high as 1300 in some parts of Arizona? No problem! This meteorologist has it covered!
3. Kristen Bell’s C-Section Scars Husband. Poor Dax Shepard. He’s scarred after seeing his beautiful wife disassembled on the operating table. He needs medication! Stat.
2. Daddy/Daughter Standoff. This is hilarious. A toddler doesn’t quite have all her words, but she knows she doesn’t want to get off the table. Her dad may put a few words in her mouth, too.
1. A Fantasy Football Loss. This poor guy lost his fantasy football bet and had to do a remake of Sia’s “Chandelier.” It’s pretty freaking spectacular.
Happy, happy birthday, Laura! I’m glad I don’t have to pretend I didn’t remember any longer. Love you!