The start of summer is upon us!
It’s Memorial Day weekend in the U.S. (you Canadians got your Victoria Day last weekend so get back to work!) and the start of BBQ season, swimming pools, and flip-flops is here.
Mattie Dietrich is coming to visit us and bringing her new puppy, Walker Texas Ranger. We’ll see how Jack Bauer does with another dog in his house. It could be fine or Walker could end up locked in a room with the key buried somewhere in the front yard.
We have bike riding, beach time, and lots of cooking in store. We might even go check out the new Tilt at the Hancock Tower.
While you sit outside and enjoy a frosty beverage, you can share Gin and Topics with your friends and family.
The videos are brought to you courtesy of Mr. D., Lindsay Bell, and yours truly (I had to pre-empt some submissions to get my favorite video of all time in here).
5. A Little MJ at the Talent Show. I have a visual of this kid closing himself in his room and playing the Billie Jean video over and over again, while he practices his move. If it weren’t for the mop of brown hair, you’d think he was Michael Jackson!
4. Baby Bear Rescue. Wait until you see this! A momma bear rescues her baby bear from a busy highway. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll watch it multiple times. OK. Maybe not any of those three things, but it is really cool!
3. Jimmy Fallon Gets Michael Jordan to Sing. This struck me as hilarious. I mean, laugh out loud funny! I won’t give it away, but I will tell you…it’s not really Michael Jordan.
2. A Training Musical. I have included this in Gin and Topics before, but it’s one of those classics that just needs to be revisited every once in a while. Learn how to sell by service and service by selling in just three short minutes.
1. Tight Pants. And, in honor of Memorial Day – which is the start of the
tight white pants wearing season – I bring you my most favorite video of all time. Of the 5.6 million views, I’m fairly certain I’m a good 25,000 of them. If you’ve never seen it before, you’re welcome. If you have seen it before, it’s worth another watch…or 10,000.
There will be no blog posts on Monday. Have a very happy holiday weekend, Americans!