It’s our first webinar of the year and we kick it off with the one and only Andy Crestodina.
For those of you who don’t know Andy, he is the co-founder and strategic director at Orbit Media, a web design and development firm in Chicago. He also hosted our second most popular webinar in 2014 so you know you’re going to get something good.
For those of you who do know Andy, you already know you’re in for a treat and will leave this webinar with pages full of notes and a brain full of ideas.
Here’s the thing about this webinar. It is billed as how social media affects search, but after I watched a draft of it, I think it’s that and more, particularly for PR professionals.
He walks you through the correlation between search and social and how to use both to increase your rankings. AND he shows you how to use social media and content to build relationships with influential content creators (journalists and bloggers) in your industry…that lead to the ever-valuable link that Google requires for better search rankings.
How Social Media Affects Search
Here is what you can expect to learn:
- The correlation between search and social media and how to use social to increase your search rankings. He also talks about the difference between correlation and causation, which is funny (mostly because he uses Nicolas Cage as an example).
- What matters most to Google and the value of links. He uses a great analogy of Google as the mean girl in high school and how to use her friend’s popularity to increase domain authority.
- What personalized search results mean today and how social media causes higher rankings.
- How to skip right to garnering valuable links without necessarily creating popular content.
- How to use social media—the world’s greatest phonebook—to find content creators. He’ll show you how to use InkyBee and Followerwonk a bit differently to get what you need for influencer relations.
- How to become friends with content creators in three parts. Here’s where it gets extremely important for content creators. While he says this is influencer relations 101, I don’t think most of our profession does this well (based solely on my inbox and what other bloggers say about their inboxes). He walks you through how to use Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Feedly to become friends with influencers. He also talks you through how to use events to create in-person relationships. And ends this section with a nice survey that shows the best tactics for content marketing.
- The anatomy of a relationship-building email, which you can use in media relations pitching or in content marketing.
- How to use your website/blog as a networking tool and cross the streams across weak connections. He shows you how to publish a post and then use Topsy to build weak connections. And how to use the other social networks to build relationships.
Last, but not least, you’ll see some examples of great influencer outreach.
The webinar is this Thursday, January 15, at noon ET (that’s 11 a.m. CT, 10 a.m. MT, and 9 a.m. PT, for those of you who can’t do time zones).
It is free and it’s a two-step process.
First, go to Spin Sucks Pro and click the blue “purchase” button at the bottom of the page.
That button will then change to “checkout.” Click that.
Either create a new account or login to your account.
Click “purchase” (it’ll show $0.00 so don’t panic that you have to pay for it).
Click the blue “How Does Social Media Affect SEO” blue link. This will take you to the registration page on ClickWebinar (you’ll also receive an email with this information).
Register for the webinar on that page and you’ll be good to go!
Why You Should Attend
I’ve seen Andy speak many times (close to 10 times, I’d guess) and some of this was a repeat for me.
But, when he got to section four, I began to furiously take notes. Not because he was necessarily saying something I didn’t already know, but because his examples and tools were giving me new ideas.
If you do media relations, this webinar is for you.
If you do content marketing, this webinar is for you.
If you do inbound marketing, this webinar is for you.
If you run a business and want new ways to grow your revenue, this webinar is for you.
Even if you can’t attend live, register so we can send you a copy of the recording post-event.
I promise this will be the best professional hour you will spend this month.