It’s the third Wednesday of the month, which means…Livefyre Q&A day!
Today we have Stanford Smith, of Pushing Social fame (and someone I got to meet in real life at Social Slam last year), on to talk about Born to Blog, the new book he co-authored with Mark Schaefer (Businesses Grow, The Tao of Twitter, Return on Influence).
While the book isn’t out until April, you can pre-order it and, if you send your receipt to Stanford, he has goodies and freebies and a unicorn he’ll send you.
At noon ET (that’s 11:00 CT, 10:00 MT, and 9:00 PT for those of you who can’t do time zones), Stanford is going to be hanging out in the comments so you can ask him anything and everything about the book, what it’s like to work with Mark, how he makes a business helping others succeed at blogging, or his best writing tips.
In order to participate, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you have a Livefyre account or be ready to sign in with one of your social networks.
- Set a reminder for noon ET today.
- Pre-order the book so you can get a unicorn (and free cupcakes!).
- Create a list of questions.
- Come back here, scroll to the bottom, and write a comment in the form of a question. As soon as you hit “post comment,” Stanford will see it and reply to you. You can even join the conversation around questions others are asking, if you like.
We’ll be here for an hour so you can join us the entire time or step in and out during the hour. It’s entirely up to you; just make sure you’re here before 12:59.
Win a Copy
Those of you who participate in today’s chat (even if you’re late to the party, but not if you’re an Arment Dietrich employee) will be entered in a random drawing for a free copy of the book.
We bought two copies and will give them both away, but you have to participate to be entered in the drawing. Otherwise we won’t know you were here. And you have to wait until April ti receive it because it’s not out before then.
Get ready with your questions and join the conversation. And don’t fear! If you missed the live portion of this, we’ll keep the drawing open until midnight PT so you still have time to get in your questions.
Former Guests and Who’s Next
For former guests, check out Margie Clayman, Sarah Robinson, Mark Story, Beth Hayden, and Sarah Evans.
And following is the lineup through September so mark your calendars! Same bat time, same bat channel.
- March 20 – Chris Brogan
- April 24 – C.C. Chapman
- May 22 – Mitch Joel
- June 19 – Danny Brown and/or Sam Fiorella
- July 24 – Chuck Hemann
- August 21 – Jay Baer
- September 18 – DJ Waldow
- October 23 – TBD
- November 13 – TBD
- December 18 – TBD (if Spin Sucks is out by then, this’ll probably be me!)
If you have recommendations on who to fill the open slots, let me know! Our only requirement is they have published a book and it centers around PR, marketing, social media, or entrepreneurship.
See you today at noon!