I mean, it has been madness, combined with highs and lows and a large deficit of sleep.
We actually had one scheduled to record and I, well, I forgot.
Being human totally sucks.
Because I am human and did make a mistake, I figured we could do a nice Spin Sucks Inquisition roundup.
The Spin Sucks Inquisition
- Aaron Friedman. Before Aaron up and moved his family to Israel (for real!), he was a Chicagoan. Though I probably see him via video chat more now, there were times I’d see him out and about at events. And we became fast friends. In this Inquisition, you’ll learn what Aaron considers a frozen treat (he’s a weirdo).
- Kait Fowlie. Kait and I met on the interwebz and I became a fast fan. She’s Canadian so you know she’s already ridiculously kind, but she’s also quirky and fun and smart (three attributes I adore). In this Inquisition, you’ll see her challenge Laura and me to a “highest bun” contest, and what she majored in in college (trust me, you want to know this).
- D. Fish. A year ago, I spoke at Wine & Web with Andy Crestodina and D Fish was in the audience. To say we became fast friends is putting it mildly. He’s not only ridiculously smart, he’s a lot of fun to be around. In this Inquisition, you’ll learn what he loves the smell of, to great detail.
- Aly Saxe. Having just shared a stage—and a hotel room—with Aly, I can tell you way more about her today than just five weeks ago. For instance, yesterday I wrote a blog post, got changed and went for a run, worked with a maintenance man to change the lightbulb in the bathroom, showered, dried my hair, and got dressed…and she did not wake up. I was so worried about her, I put a mirror under her nose to make sure she was still alive. (She was.) In this Inquisition, you’ll learn which planet the two of us will end up on someday.
- Betsy Decillis. I have no idea where to start with Betsy. She is one of the bravest women I know (and she loves ice cream as much as I do). In this Inquisition, you’ll get to see what she made me out of yarn. It’s pretty impressive!
- Joe Hackman. For the longest time, Joe ran all of our IT…and he was wonderful to work with. In the past few years, though, he has changed his business model significantly. Now I only get to hang out with him for things such as the Inquisition. In this one, you’ll learn what he would do if crimes were not punishable.
- Amanda Gant. Amanda is my sister from another mister. She grew up in Nebraska (I went to college there), she loves taking trips that challenge her body, and she’s ridiculously smart. In this Inquisition, you’ll learn which award she won when she graduated from high school.
- Samantha McCain. A real PR star, I was really mad at Sam when she took a new job without telling me she was looking (we’d have hired her in an instant). But, as you’ll see in this Inquisition, she landed in the perfect spot for her. And I’m no longer mad at her.
- Dan McCue. I met Dan because he is a Spin Sucks student and the rest, as they say, is history. My favorite part about his Inquisition is the answer he gave to naming the phases of the moon.
If you missed anyone in this list the first time around, I hope you’ll take a few minutes to watch and get to know them.
There are lots of fun people here, who will not only entertain you, but give you lots of value.
We will be back to our regularly scheduled programming next week.
image: Jack Bauer needed some love and this is my favorite photo of him right now. So why not include it on a roundup of our Inquisitions? It will make his day.