I remember the exact moment I met Brian Vickery in person for the first time.
It was in the lobby of the Hampton Inn in Knoxville at the start of Social Slam last year.
I was standing in a group of people, next to Sean McGinnis, who is intimidating in his own right (until he opens his mouth) and Brian just walked right up and introduced himself.
Stuff like that always impresses me because I’m such an introvert, I would never do that unless the person was alone or with only one or two other people.
Since then, Brian and I have become good friends and I’ve learned a ton about him that I’d love to share with you.
- He is the father of two young women; one who just had a baby and the other who is going to college this fall (and got accepted to many great schools).
- He lives in Denver (I’m jealous).
- He’s not very old and is already a grandfather (this freaks me out). Heck at the rate I’m going, he’ll be younger when his grandkid graduates from high school than I’ll be when my kid does.
- He’s the co-host (with Marjorini, er Margie, Clayman) of Heckler’s Hangout, where I once was a guest.
- He’s a huge sports fan (namely the Dallas Cowboys, though he’s become a Broncos fan, especially with Manning there), but he talks about football, baseball, basketball, judo, soccer, taekwondo, tennis, and exercise on his blog.
- He is a partner at Mantis Technology Group, which does lots of analytics and business data analysis that helps an organization grow.
- He’s been married (to the same woman!) for more than 20 years (I think he must have been 12 when he got married).
- His birthday was yesterday – yes, a Valentine’s Day baby, which is probably why he’s so sweet. Wish him a happy belated birthday!
He’s not only a guy’s guy, he’s surrounded by so many women, he also knows how to talk to us.