I’ve spent all week at 35,000 feet (thank heaven for GoGo Inflight!) so I’m very grateful it’s Friday and I’ll be home in my own bed tonight.
So I’m very much looking forward to the weekend and hanging out with my boys.
And, to start the weekend off right, I give you Gin and Topics. Perhaps you can even follow Shashi Bellamkonda’s lead and pour yourself a gin and topic while you watch and read.
5. Cat Opens Freezer. OK. I swear I’d kill this cat if I caught it doing this, but it is pretty funny. Jenn Whinnem knows what I think is funny and sent it my way. Jack Bauer once got the fridge open and ate some raw chicken and a pound of butter, but he hasn’t figured out how to do it again. Clearly this cat is smarter.
4. Creative Kids Photography. This is FANTASTIC! A dad has taken some really fun, and creative, shots of his girls doing some crazy things, such as this one of losing a tooth. Super, super good!
3. The World’s Biggest Dog. This is pretty freaking amazing. This dog is HUGE! Giant George has taken over his human’s home. He needs a king-sized bed for himself! But he’s so handsome. Go see for yourself.
2. 12 Ways to Get the Best Glamour Shot. Ken Mueller posted this on my Facebook wall last night. It includes tips such as hold on to your collar, wear silk gloves, and play up your hands. You’re welcome.
1. The Lost Steve Jobs Tapes. And, to end the day, a serious (but fascinating) topic. Fast Company writer, Brent Schendler covered Jobs from 1985 through last year, but says he didn’t come to fully appreciate the importance of the years between the two Apple legacies until after his death last fall. He has some three dozen tapes holding recordings of extended interviews–some lasting as long as three hours–that he conducted with Jobs during the past 25 years.