It is supposed to be 15-30 minutes of an expert presenting a topic and then the audience gets to heckle that person.
But, when I was told this was the case a mere five hours before start time, I broke their first rule: There was no presentation.
We did get serious about a few things, such as marketing a book, the pros and cons of published vs. self-published, and integrating social into the larger marketing mix.
Dawn Rasmussen regaled us with audience appreciation (applause, whistles, drumrolls, and more from her sound machine) and Sam logged in with the title, “I dated Gini Dietrich in college.”
If you have the chance, I highly recommend joining them on Thursdays at 7 p.m. ET. It was tons of fun! You can also watch the hour of craziness, though it might be one of those “had to be there” things.
With that, I am super excited about today’s Gin and Topics! There are some really good videos today.
So, without further ado, I bid you happy viewing.
5. Toddler Does the Jive. Allen Mireles posted this to my Facebook page and required I watch it. She was right. It’s a must-see. I think I’ve watched it four or five times now. You have to watch all the way to the very end. Super, super cute!
4. Naughty Dog. Apparently this dog’s owner’s neighbor complained about the dog being too loud during the day. When he couldn’t figure out what was going on, he set up a nanny cam. And this is what he found the dog does all day. Thanks to Claudia Scimeca for spreading great joy by sending this to me!
3. The Wednesday Dance. When Mike Koehler was here last weekend, he showed me this video. I didn’t see it when we were kids and I’m so happy YouTube exists now so I can see reruns. Wednesday teaches Lurch how to dance. I don’t know which is more awesome: Wednesday moving those little legs or Lurch trying to imitate her.
2. Shitheadra Jones. If you look at this girl’s first name very carefully, you’ll understand this video before watching it. She calls a dentist’s office to get a quote to have her teeth extracted so she can get a gold grill. Hilarity ensues…and the poor woman on the other end of the phone has no idea what to think.
1. Haunted Toaster. This might be the most brilliant piece of reporting I have ever seen. I mean, ever.
Have a great weekend!