I know. I know. I’m not supposed to be doing Gin and Topics anymore. I CAN’T HELP MYSELF!
I think it was Mark Twain who said being is writer is like having a disease. You’re not better until you get it out of your head.
Plus, so many of you sent me such great videos this week, I felt like I had to make a guest appearance.
But that’s all this is…a guest appearance. Next week we’ll feature one of you as the video jockey of the week. VH1 we are not, but I imagine it’s still fun to highlight your favorite videos of the week here. I know it’s my favorite blog post to write and produce.
This week’s Gin and Topics is brought to you by Mike Schaffer, Rebecca Todd, Mattie Dietrich (everyone say hi to her in the comments because she doesn’t use the web so I can’t link to her, but she does read/watch this religiously), Patti Knight, and Sean McGinnis.
5. Corey Feldman’s “Ascension Millennium.” I cannot decide if this is awesome or horrific. I think Corey Feldman is channeling his inner Michael Jackson and I don’t understand the whole song’s video in my house thing, but it’s like a train wreck…you can’t stop watching.
4. Celeb Grammar Cops. This is fantastic! A school in Brazil called Red Balloon asked their students to read – and edit – the tweets of celebrities. I’m kind of disappointed there hasn’t been a single celebrity who has responded to the grammar cops, but I love the school is doing this. Paging Sam Fiorella! Where is Sam Fiorella?
3. What Girls Say/Do On Road Trips. This is brought to you by the guys who make fun of girls…really, really well. This time they’re on a road trip and, I have to say, they have it down nearly perfect. It’s kind of scary how good they are!
2. Please Move the Deer Crossing. There is a part of me that really hopes this isn’t real because I just cannot believe someone is this stupid. This woman calls into a radio station and asks if they’ll help her lobby to have the deer crossing signs moved. Her rationale? The signs are in high-traffic areas, which encourages deer to cross in places such as the interstate. I’ve listened to this no less than five times and it makes me laugh out loud every time!
1. Baby Swims Across Pool. This is pretty incredible. This little girl can’t be much older than 18 months and here she is…swimming right across the pool.
Have a great weekend!