As we prepare in our offices for Canada Day on Monday, Independence Day on Thursday, and Yvette Pistorio’s week off, it’s kind of a crazy time.
Lots to do, people to see, clients to service, projects to finish, invoices to send, and steps to take (I’m winning our “Get Up and Move” contest, but am told I can’t compete, so Yvette is winning).
What’s the Get Up and Move contest? I’m glad you asked!
Late last year, I read a study that shows people who sit at their computers all day may as well smoke a pack of cigarettes a day because that’s how bad it is on your body.
So we created a contest to motivate people to leave their desks in the middle of the day. The objective is to get a minimum of 10,000 steps every day, which is calculated by the Jawbone UP we each wear (and share our stats with one another).
The winner each quarter gets a $50 gift card to the location of their choice. It’s been really fun and I’m happy to report the activity level of all of us has increased.
5. Baby & Me. The commercials for products are getting more and more brilliant. This one is an Evian ad and shows the baby version of people walking past a magical mirror. If nothing else, it’s adorable to see a baby with a mustache.
4. Dog Sneaks Buddies Out of Kennel. As the owner of a highly intelligent dog (which defines as super naughty most days), it’s always entertaining for me to see other dogs behaving badly. This dog sneaks his buddies out of their kennels each night and it’s caught on camera.
3. Bitchy Resting Face. We were laughing about this video earlier this month while we were in Ottawa. So it’s not a baby or a pet, but it’s a good one, none-the-less. Ever wonder why certain women look sad or frustrated for no reason? There is an answer! (Sorry for the swear word, mom!)
2. Paralyzed Hedgehog Learns to Walk. Watch this hedgehog go from not being able to move his little body to running all over the place. It’s pretty darn cute!
1. Babies Play with Rubber Bands. All the money we spend on the latest and greatest kid’s toys and all they really need are rubber bands? I dare you not to laugh out loud at this. Those little laughs are priceless!
Have a great weekend!