During the Bears/Packers game on Sunday (I don’t want to talk about it), I got all of my shopping done. Thank heaven for the Internet and free shipping!
Though, as Josh Wilner pointed out last week, I could have been done before Thanksgiving if I were Jewish. Seeing as December is our busiest month at work (we closed about half of our 2013 goal this month), I might do that next year.
No stress during December. It’ll all be done by the first night of lights.
But, alas. Here we are four days away from Christmas and I still have a few things to pick up. While I do that, I’ll leave you with the holiday edition of Gin and Topics.
5. Landfill Harmonic. Alina Kelly sent this to me and it’s VERY cool. It’s a symphony of instruments made out of trash. Be inspired this holiday season by a bunch of kids who make beauty out of rubbish.
4. Carol of the Bells. I’m fascinated by people who sing a cappella and create all the sounds instruments normally do (have you seen “Pitch Perfect” yet??) and by people who can make music using only bells. Thanks to Mark Wohlschlegel for the find!
3. Rewind YouTube Style. This is not holiday-related, but it’s a year in review from YouTube. It’s fantastic. They did a mash-up of the most popular videos of the year with a little of their company culture thrown in. Thanks to Jason Konopinski for sending it along (he also did what’s in the number one spot).
2. What is the Internet, Anyway? OK. This isn’t holiday-related either, but it’s REALLY funny to see how The Today Show described the Internet and the @ symbol in 1994. Also look at the color of their faces. High-definition television has spoiled us! Thanks to Kat Krieger for the find!
1. The 25 Funniest Autocorrects of 2012. Fine. This isn’t really the holiday edition of Gin and Topics because only two of the five fit that category. But this is too funny not to share. It’s also not a video, but it’s the best autocorrects of the year. I was reading it on the plane a couple of nights ago and was laughing out loud. I feel sorry for the guy who was sitting next to me. Warning: It’s hilarious, but very naughty!
The happiest of holidays to each and every one of you! We’ll be off on Monday and Tuesday, but return on Wednesday.