There are lots of interesting things going on right now. We have SOPA, Best Buy crumbling before our very eyes, the Ocean Marketing debacle, and everyone talking about the three words they’re using to guide 2012 (mine are focus, delegate, and vision).
Man! That makes it a really long week, doesn’t it?
Because I just linked to four articles above, does that mean I only need one more and we’re finished for the day?
Nah…I’ll give you a real Gin and Topics.
5. Will Google, Facebook, Others Nuke Internet Over SOPA? If you aren’t caught up on SOPA, what it is, and why you should care, get yourself educated. Quickly. There are rumors that Wikipedia, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Zynga, and Etsy will go dark to protest the bill. The date being bounced around is January 23. That could make it difficult for many of us to even do our jobs. I hope the Senate is listening.
4. Behind Every Great Woman. Is a man? This is a very interesting article about what it takes for women to break the glass ceiling. In every case they use, the woman CEO’s husband quit his job to stay home and take care of the house and the kids. Is that what it takes?
3. Women Are a Mystery to British Physicist Hawking. And, on the flip side, Stephen Hawking, one of the world’s best known scientists, is most perplexed by women. He claims that’s what he thinks about most. Very interesting, indeed.
2. Google Will Change Web Marketing In 2012. This is a very important read if you do any work on the interwebz. Last year Google changed its algorithms to place more focus on content and social media. This year (though they won’t admit it) they’re going to place more value on Google+ and the +1 button. But this article describes how they will provide more direct information that doesn’t require someone to go to your website.
1. No, You Can’t Pick My Brain. It Costs Too Much. Amen is all I’m going to say to this. Amen.
Have a great weekend, everyone! And get yourselves ready…it’s a full week next week, which means you have to be ready to hit the ground running. Do it.