Today’s guest post is written by Lisa Gerber.
Ladies and gentlemen, you have spoken.
Your clicks have told us your favorite guest blog posts for 2011 and we have compiled the Top 10 here for your review, and, for 10 of you, for your bragging rights.
We started working with guest bloggers on Spin Sucks around the middle of 2010 for a few reasons: To involve the community, broaden the expertise offered here, grow beyond Gini Dietrich, and increase engagement and traffic.
We think it worked, and we all had some fun along the way. Our guest bloggers have become an important part of our community, and we wanted to dedicate today to you guys by sharing this list, based on pageviews.
Some of you, remarkably, didn’t make the top 10 list despite winning for top number of comments, cough, Michael Schechter, cough. I’m also shocked the hardest working guest blogger (aka Jayme Soulati) didn’t make it despite resorting to creative tactics such as blogjacking others’ posts for traffic.
I should also add, much like the Canadian hockey players born in January, the advantage for this Top 10 List clearly goes to those who blog in the earlier part of the year. No one who guest blogged for us in December made this list. However, Adriel Hampton’s post from mid-November made it so it can be done!
The Top 10 Guest Blogs on Spin Sucks for 2011
- Three Reasons Twitter Is Beginning to Suck by Kary Delaria (June 14)
- Twelve Steps to Creating QR Code Campaigns by Stephanie True Moss (May 23)
- Five Tips for Business Success on Yelp by Jay Pinkert. (April 14)
- Four Social Media Questions (and Answers) by our very own Molli Megasko. (May 25)
- Twitter Lists: List Me Baby One More Time by Adriel Hampton (November 14)
- Maker’s Mark Hires Jimmy Fallon and #FAILS by Adam Zuckerman (June 8)
- Seven Ways to Turn Employees into Brand Ambassadors by Amber Avines (September 15)
- Five Reasons the Intern Shouldn’t Run Social Media by Andrew Hanelly (June 16)
- You’re Using Twitter Wrong by Aaron Lee (April 21)
- Does the Great Gatsby Live on Empire Avenue? By Geoff Livingston (June 23)
You know what else this list tells me? You like numbers. And booze.
To all of our guest bloggers, we’d like to extend a huge thank you. It’s not all about the numbers, but you know us, we like a little competition. Who knows, maybe we’ll do a June list for the prior 12 months to give everyone a chance.
What was your favorite?