This webinar is for the muggles who need to get started with blogging, need a new website for their business or hobby, got started, but are stuck, or just need help with best practices.
There is a lot to cover so we’ve broken it down into two segments: WordPress Wizardry for Muggles and WordPress for Wizards.
The first half is the basics and helps you get everything set up for a website or blog using free, paid, or customized themes.
The second is more advanced and helps you add navigation, menus, pages, and plugins.
WordPress Wizardry for Muggles
Joe begins by telling you his six rules. I’m not going to tell you what they are…you have to watch to see!
He will teach you how to:
- Select your domain name
- Choose a registrar
- Best practices for registration
- Know the difference between .org and .com
- Host the site: Choose the host, where to host, what to consider
- Find help if you get stuck
- Pick a theme and pros and cons for free, paid, and customized
- Use plugins, when to be careful, and what to consider
- Install WordPress
- Use and FTP client to add your theme and plugin files
- Perform basic tasks in the admin panel
WordPress for Wizards
I don’t think Joe realizes what he did here. There were a few things I still didn’t know how to do and now I do!
Watch out! I now can play in the Cpanel and add navigation, which means I’ll be messing on the WordPress sites we manage. Woo hoo!
He’ll also teach you how to:
- Add things using your FTP access
- Add a file
- Use Softaculous, which allows you to easily add apps, scripts, and other neat things automatically to your site
- Defend against hackers
- Add menus and navigation
- Add categories and use those in your menus
- Change permalinks for SEO benefit
- Archive your content
- What to do with widgets and how to add or change them
- Use basic HTML
The webinar with Joe is next Thursday, March 28, at noon ET. It’s the last in our three-month free trial package. Yes, it’s FREE.
I know some of you will be on spring break. Register anyway. That way you’ll get a copy of the video post-webinar and can watch it when you’re back.
For the rest of you, if you need help either getting started or advancing your knowledge with WordPress, we’ll see you at noon a week from today.