I joined a team. I started to race. I got myself a coach.
And, at the same time Pete the Tapeworm was born.
Now, he’s not really a tapeworm. He’s just what I’ve named my stomach because, well, he has a mind of his own.
A little bit about Pete.
- He LOVES Mexican food. I mean, loves. If he could eat it every day, he would.
- He loves eggs…almost as much as Mexican food.
- He loves gelato, especially gelato on top of Belgian waffles with European caramel crack.
- He loves candy, especially at Halloween when he can mix candy corn with peanuts so it tastes like Snickers without the chocolate. Why anyone would not want chocolate is beyond me.
- He eats no less than 10 times every day. He doesn’t eat a lot at one sitting, but that’s because he knows he’s going to eat again in one short hour.
- He loves the idea of sushi, but I was food poisoned by it many years ago so he’s not quite brave enough to try it again.
- He makes me carry snacks in my purse at all times. I once got stopped at the movie theater because I was bringing SOYJOY bars in for Pete. Bad, Pete!
- He’s super, duper ornery. If he doesn’t get fed once an hour, he makes me grouchy. Next time I’m grouchy, you know you can blame Pete. It’s not my fault. Really.
- He’s more active in the summertime than winter. I think that’s because my cycling miles nearly triple in the summer.
- He likes to eat. A lot.
Now you know who the heck I’m talking about when I talk about Pete. He’s a very big part of my life, like it or not.
When you see me “talking” to him, I’m not really talking to myself. Which, for some reason, is hilarious to me.
See if you can guess who plays him in real life.