You see, St. Patrick’s Day is a BIG deal here—and the number of drunk people at 8 a.m. is always astonishing…and that’s typically during the week.
The fact that it’s on Saturday this year means we are going to have to hibernate in our house and not return to the outdoors until the early Sunday morning walks of shame are complete.
I’m not even sure I’ll be safe for my 7:30 a.m. SoulCycle class. They might already be out in droves by then.
If you’d rather avoid all of that, like me, a good time suck is this week’s Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. Hunter Davis Performs Songs from the 90s. This is Hunter Davis doing an impression of Shakespearean actor, Sir Ian McKellen. He dramatically performs some of the greatest songs of the 1990s…and it’s laugh out loud funny! Now you know what the Macarena and Dave Matthews would sound like were they written by Shakespeare.
4. Errlamentry Live Feed. What’s the difference between baby chicks and pre-school kids? Not much! This is exactly how pre-school teachers teach…and he proves that the only real difference is one is an animal and one is a human. Otherwise, they’re exactly the same.
3. Sweet vs. Unsweet Tea. I will admit I do not understand the sweet tea craze, but I really, really, really don’t like tea of any kind. But it, in fact, so big of a thing that two men sit on a porch and debate the merits of each. I think my favorite part is how they describe the panhandle of Florida, which is what Susan also said when she submitted this one for consideration.
2. Sean Hayes and Ellen Have a ‘Battle of the Gays.‘ Be patient. It gets really funny around the two minute mark…and then the battle of the gays begins. I mean, seriously. Being as quick as Ellen is a superb talent.
1. Alec Baldwin on His Epic Twitter Feud with President Trump. Jimmy Fallon isn’t afraid to take on the difficult issues. Here he talks with Alec Baldwin about the attacks he receives from Trump every time he impersonates the man on SNL. The back and forth between Trump and Baldwin on Twitter is epic.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in the Spin Sucks community, but you can also email, text, private message, or
carrier pigeon it to us.
(I’m told carrier pigeons are extinct so perhaps we can try the Pony Express?)
Whatever works for you. Send it to me!
Have a great weekend…and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!