I finished the last of my speaking and business travel last night.
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting very bright.
Of course, I have that book thing I have to finish (it’s due Dec. 30) and I have some reading to catch up on. But no real thinking or hard work for 12 whole days.
And, starting tonight, it’s all family, all holidays, all the time. Bring on the cheesecake, ebelskivers, and wine!
And, this week, I have lots of fun topics for you. Dogs and seals and kids, oh my!
5. I Gave My Kids a Terrible Present. Jimmy Kimmel strikes again! He asked parents to give their kids an early Christmas gift. But it had to be something terrible. Make sure you stay until the end. It’ll be worth it. I promise.
4. Woman Finds Baby Seal On Couch. Holy crap! I want one! Wait until you see the picture of this seal snoozing on a New Zealand woman’s couch. So. Freaking. Cute.
3. My Three-Month Facebook Dialogue with a Facebook Scammer from Malaysia Pretending to Be a Beautiful Woman. You would think the title does this article justice, but no. It’s even better than you think. It gets really good when it reaches September so happy reading!
2. The Real Story Behind Apple’s ‘Think Different’ Campaign. This article is written for Forbes by one of the creative directors who worked on the Apple “Think Different” campaign in 1997. While I think the author takes a lot of liberties in claiming the ad campaign changed Apple, it’s an excellent read. Thanks to Jason Konopinski for the find.
1. Casper, the Bath-Loving Dog. This is the feel good video of the week. I swear I’m going to try it with Jack Bauer. I’m just afraid of the mess it’s going to make afterwards.
Happy last weekend of shopping!