I kind of can’t believe it’s Friday already. I guess that’s what a short week does.
Of course, not a short week for me because I’m speaking at Social Capital tomorrow morning, but I’m super excited about it because I get to see a lot of my Canadian friends and I make fun of Danny Brown in my keynote. I can’t wait!
There were so many great contributions to Gin and Topics this week. Some of you were left out simply because of lack of space, but don’t worry! I saved them for next week.
Which means this week’s videos are brought you by Dick Carlson, Ken Jacobs (and subsequently several others of you), Jason Konopinski, Jeanine Kornmann, and yours truly.
It’s going to be hard to beat last week’s lineup, but let’s see how we did!
5. Prancercise. I don’t know what is more enjoyable about this video: The idea of someone putting on ankle weights and prancing down the street, the fact that she wants you to try this, but doesn’t walk you through the steps, the fact that she’s in dress clothes with full makeup and jewelry, or the fact that it’s soon going to hit two million views and she’s going to think she’s famous. I’ll let you decide.
4. Fat Guy Dancing the BAD BOY Dance. And, in a complete 180 degree turn from a skinny woman prancing in her yard to a fat guy in a Speedo “dancing.” I’ll just leave this here and say I wish I had this kind of confidence. This video just makes me happy.
3. Will and Jaden Smith do Fresh Prince Rap. For those of you who grew up in the 80s, this will make you so happy. Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff do a remake of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but this time Will’s kid, Jaden, joins the duo. It’s pretty awesome. I’m pretty sure Will Smith hasn’t aged a day. As a special feature, be sure to watch Heather Graham in the background. AND THEN, Carlton joins them doing his dance. I’m in love.
2. How to Dance Properly to Daft Punk. Jason sent me how to dance properly first and I decided it would be included today and then he found Daft Punk, the Goat Version, which I think is waaaaaaaay better. So I give you both videos. You can decide.
1. Best Bloopers from the Martha Stewart Show. I don’t know if this is funny because Martha is so proper or because she makes prison jokes, but this is hilarious. I kind of wish these things weren’t edited out. It makes her more human.
Have a great weekend!