It’s been a crazy travel week. Now I’m in Phoenix doing media training with a client.
The one really great thing about all this west coast travel is I have a TON of uninterrupted plane time to write. I hope Geoff Livingston can keep up!
I probably just jinxed myself and will be way too tired to do any writing on the flight home tonight.
This week’s Gin and Topics is really good, if I do say so myself. There were some very odd, very creepy, very funny things that happened.
So without further ado…
5. Good Samaritan Rescue Man In Fiery Crash. Yeah. The men in my homestate are superheroes. You may have seen this, but it’s worth a second watch. A motorcycle and a car collided. The motorcyclist was trapped beneath the car…which broke out in flames. So bystanders picked up the car and pulled him out from under it. Picked. Up. The. Car. Freaking amazing.
4. Eel Swims Up Man’s Penis. Yes, you read that correctly. That hurts me to think about it and I’m not a guy! I’m pretty sure I would never swim with eels to remove dead skin, but it’s confirmed now. Thanks to Dallas Kincaid for posting this on his Facebook wall and bringing it to my attention. You can thank him, and wish him a happy birthday, for it.
3. Woman Injects Face with Beef Fat. This actually happened last week, after I wrote Gin and Topics, so you may have already seen it. But I had to include it for the WTH factor. Yes, she really injected beef fat in her face, with the hopes of doing some at-home plastic surgery. Turns out, when you inject boiling hot fat into your face, it burns. And kills you. So don’t do it.
2. Man Bites Off Foe’s Eyebrow During Fight. Yep. I don’t know what’s going on in the world but messing with people’s body parts is just wrong. During a home party fight, a man had his eyebrow bit off, chewed up, and spit off by another man. Yes, he chewed it and spit it out.
1. How Mattel Used Social Media to Build Excitement Around Record-Breaking Stunt. Now THIS is a stunt well done in today’s real-time world. They built excitement, kept the driver’s identity a secret, and managed it all through social media. There are a few companies (cough, World’s Finest Chocolate, cough) that can take a page from this book. Thanks to Shelley Pringle for bringing this to my attention!
Don’t forget Facebook added the subscribe feature so, if you don’t want people who you aren’t friends with to subscribe to your updates, change your settings. And have a great weekend!