When Lindsay Bell and I had our last one-to-one meeting on Monday (the weekly chats I have with my direct reports), we were commiserating about her leaving.
She said, “It’s not me. It’s you.”
We both fell into a fit of giggles and tears. Freudian slip? Partially true?
Whatever the case, I am going to miss you tons, Ellbee.
Though I know we’ll see you around The Book of Face and I hope you’ll be back for a guest post or two, it won’t be the same.
Now I have to find someone else I can fire every day. I’m taking applications now.
I dedicate this Gin and Topics—on your last day—to you.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Dick Carlson, Abbie Fink, Mindy Mikami, Lara Wellman, and Tara Geissinger.
5. Cookie Monster and Social Media. This is both awkward and awesome. Engadget interviews Cookie Monster about social media, technology, and naming the newest app after a cookie. I love it when Cookie Monster insists John send a tweet and, while it’s being written, he says, “Wow. This is good television.” Yes, Cookie Monster. I agree. (Awwwwwkward.)
4. Llamas Escape! If you happened to miss this on Facebook (and the blue/black…no wait! White/gold dress), it’s a must see. Some llamas escaped in Arizona and it took several grown men running as fast as they possibly could to catch them.
3. Dog Shovels Ice Rink. Now this is what I’m talking about! I keep telling Jack Bauer he has to earn his keep. I shall teach him to shovel!
2. Uptown Funk “Old Town Cover.” This is what you get when you cross Bruno Mars with snappily dressed old men and dancing grannies. Pure perfection.
1. Fifty Accents of Grey. I have to admit I do not see Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey in the movie that shall remain unnamed. BUT. After watching this, I’m kind of in love with him.
Have a great weekend!