It’s the second week of summer hours!
Guess where my movie date is?
It’s fine. I started reading John Grisham’s new book and it’s really good.
Like A Time to Kill good.
Probably his best since the very early days.
So I shall open a can of Underwood rose´ (which is surprisingly delicious), get in the hammock, and read my book.
(Which translates to taking a nap.)
No complaint to management this week. I can entertain myself!
I hope you have a fun and relaxing Father’s Day weekend planned.
And I hope that watching Gin and Topics is part of that (especially the #1 video).
Without Further Ado…Gin and Topics
This week’s videos are courtesy of Susan Cellura, Nancy Davis, Betsy Decillis, and yours truly.
5. Dog Weighs in on Flute Practice. Either this dog does not like the flute or he does not like the song, and he is not shy about saying so.
4. Humble 16-Year-Old Is Awarded the Golden Buzzer. DANG IT! Who cut onions in here? Why does this stuff get me every time? Even when I think, “I’m not going to let this kid make me cry.” Lump in the throat, fighting back tears. This kid is outstanding! I really love the reaction from the judges.
3. A Handmaid’s Tale for Men. Have you finished watching The Handmaid’s Tale yet? I won’t write any spoiler alerts, just in case you haven’t. This definitely is not a spoiler alert—and it’ll be funny even if you haven’t watched the series (or read the book). #GirlPower!
2. Crosswalk Musical: Mary Poppins. I’m really digging this series by James Corden. This time they’re in London performing Mary Poppins in the crosswalk. There is also a very special guest who plays Burt. It’s long, but it’s worth out. The costumes, the spectators (way better than Americans), the eye smiling…it’s laugh out loud funny!
1. Kids Tell Their Dads the Worst Thing They’ve Ever Done. Jimmy Kimmel takes to the streets to ask kids what terrible things they’ve done. The kicker? They have to admit it in front of their dads. Watch until the end. It’s worth it. So worth it.
Have a happy Father’s Day weekend!
Don’t forget…if you see a great video you think would be a contender for this series, send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!