Well, here are…another Friday. Which reminds me to tell you there are only nine more Fridays until Christmas!
But, more importantly, the National League Championship Series begins TOMORROW!
GO CUBS GO! #FlyTheW!
I honestly can’t believe they’ve made it this far. We live four blocks from Wrigley and it is INSANITY. We have a driveway and have been selling our spot for obscene amounts of money (we can park on the street because we have a Cubs neighborhood parking pass). Not to mention we can hear every play, the crowd going nuts, and all of the fireworks going off.
It’s a fun, fun time to live in this city. I have no idea what we’ll all do if they actually make it to the World Series. Do you think Back to the Future might actually be right? That’d be meta.
I also wish the best of luck to the Blue Jays and the Royals. Mr. D. is a through-and-through Royals fan so it’d be fun to play them in the World Series, but so many of the Spin Sucks readers are Canadian, so that’d be fun, too.
We shall see!
If you want to jump on the bandwagon, we’ll be happy to have you.
And now I shall leave you with Gin and Topics. This week’s videos are courtesy of Deb Dobson, Mattie Dietrich, and yours truly.
5. Vin Diesel’s Daughter Sends Him Adorable Texts on Set. I’m not a Vin Diesel fan, but I think I just fell in love. This is the most adorable thing ever. Well, ever this week.
4. Amy Schumer Monologue on SNL. Well, if you saw Amy Schumer at INBOUND last month, you can skip this video. It turns out, we were the warm-up to Saturday Night Live! If you weren’t there (or don’t know what I’m talking about), never fear. You are now in the loop!
3. Matt Damon Whips and Nae Naes. OK, first! Did you read The Martian? Secondly, have you seen the movie? This is Matt Damon promoting said movie and Ellen challenges him to dance. I’d just skip ahead to 2:45ish. That’s when it gets good.
2. Coke Encourages You to Remove Labels. This was made for Ramadan, but it works all year round. If only we could remove labels and our prejudices this way.
1. Chicago vs. Chicago. In honor of the Cubs game tomorrow, I give you an “argument” between a Cubs fan and a White Sox fan. I don’t know if this is funny if you don’t live here, but if you do (or did), it is H-I-larious!
Have a great weekend! GO CUBS!