Happy Mother’s Day weekend to all of you who are mothers to fur babies and human babies!
What’d you get your moms to celebrate?
I’d tell you what I got mine, but she reads this blog so I can’t say a word. I’m also really excited about what we got Mr. D’s mom.
There are a couple of videos in today’s Gin and Topics that honor our mothers.
Videos are courtesy of Bob LeDrew and myself.
(P.S. Mr. D is out of commission in the senior NBA for 11 more weeks. It’s going to be a long summer for him. I’ll be out riding my bike!)
5. Tonight You Belong to Me. I know this is a couple of years old and I may have even included it in Gin and Topics back then, but I saw it again a week ago and haven’t been able to get it out of my head. This little four-year-old was scared of the noisy fireworks outside so dad tried to take her attention away from it by singing. She keeps stopping the song with, “Shhhh! Check outside!” every time she hears more fireworks. Your heart will be full after watching this.
4. Forest Fire Relief. What is going on in Fort McMurray in Canada is insane. It’s unimaginable what those people are going through…and to lose everything. Frankie MacDonald is here to ask you to help support the people there. “Everyone help the people in Fort McMurrary. I said so. Donate your medical kits, food, supplies, water.” I love him.
3. Couch Commander. The Obamas are staying in D.C. for two years after the election and he has to figure out what to do next. I love when he calls the Wizards to offer some volunteer coaching help. And him playing on Snapchat? Laugh out loud funny! (And Michelle is going to SoulCycle, which is where I’m headed when I finish writing this!)
2. Bad Moms. I feel like we’ve probably seen every funny part of this movie in these two minutes, but maybe they’ll surprise us. This is for all of you who don’t have the time or the energy to be the perfect mom. (Also, not safe for work or young children.)
1. Kimmel Staffers Read Texts from Their Moms. I’m rather amazed they could get this many colleagues with bad texts from their moms! The worst you’d get from my mom is her making fun of me, although I did allude that she’s a little old lady the other day and I got an angry face emoji in return. These are hilarious!
Have a great Mother’s Day weekend!