Guess what?! I got out on my bike THREE times this week!
And I’m very happy with my winter training because I got out there and didn’t skip a beat.
But you know what sucks (besides spin)?
The UP band. That’s what.
But, Gini, you might say, you love that thing.
Yes, I do. I love the idea of it. I love the motivation it provides. I love the competition we have internally using it.
But I rode 25 miles yesterday and it tracked only 7,000 steps…or just less than five miles.
Ms. #PetroPower wouldn’t be able to keep up with me if it tracked actual output.
I can’t wait until the technology advances.
I’m finished complaining. I’m heading out for a glorious ride now. And I leave you with Gin and Topics while I’m gone.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Bill Quiseng, Bill Dorman, Deb Dobson, Mr. D., and Mary Anne Keane.
5. Look Up. Whenever we’re out for dinner, I look around the restaurant to see who is talking to their children and who allows them to use their technology at the table. It’s shocking how many families are all on their phones or iPads. We have a rule that technology is not allowed at the table, but we’re few and far between (and it’s not always easy). This video talks about how important it is to look up from our technology and really see the people around us.
4. Three Ways to Fail a Drunk Test. Stuff like this makes me laugh out loud. Every time. The poor guy in the second section of the video? I’ll bet his head hurts tomorrow!
3. Saved by Sea Monsters. A long-distance swimmer is in the ocean when he discovers a shark following him. What happens next is pretty freaking incredible!
2. Fly Me to the Moon. This little girl is seven years old. That’s all I’m going to say.
1. 100 Days of Dance. This guy did the same dance routine, every day, for 100 days. It’s very cool and now I want to do this!
Have a great weekend!