What a week! I did a full-day workshop on Tuesday and then had to finagle my way through not one, but two, canceled flights on Tuesday night.
There was a woman working with the airlines at the next counter over who was going home to Boston. They said to her, “The weather is horrendous. We don’t know if we can get you home before Thursday.”
At least I got home! I wanted to buy the poor thing a drink…or six.
When I got home, we hosted an AMA (ask me anything) that was a little embarrassing and a lot of fun. When we said “ask me anything,” people really came through.
I would say it was probably half work and half fun. I got some hard questions!
If you’re curious, you can download the on-demand video (linked above). Don’t go in expecting answers to world peace, though. There were some questions about cooking, some about communications tactics, and some about getting it all done.
Speaking of getting it all done, I cannot believe Buddy the Elf started counting down the number of Fridays until Christmas in August and here we are. Only one more Friday!
Unlike some of you (cough, Alina Kelly, cough), I am only about half-finished with my shopping. I need a few uninterrupted hours in front of my computer this weekend to get it all done.
With that, this is the second to last Gin and Topics of the year. I’m a little sad. We won’t run the days after Christmas or New Years.
So…no pressure! This one has to be good.
This week’s videos are brought to you by MATTIE DIETRICH, Terreece Clarke, Bob LeDrew (and Sunny Hunt), my momma, and Lindsay Bell-Wheeler.
5. Blank Space Parody. I’m getting a little tired of parodies, but this is H-I-larious. “Only six more hours until I can sleep.” The outtakes at the end are funny, too. Score one for the mom parody that almost didn’t get airtime here.
4. Story Time. This kid narrates stories from people’s lives and it is pretty darn funny. There are a couple that made me nearly spit water at my computer screen. You’ll be entertained.
3. Yellow Lab Opens Fridge. I think I mentioned that Jack Bauer has very recently figured out how to open the freezer while we’re not home and help himself to the deliciousness that resides inside. I do A LOT of cooking on weekends and freeze stuff for easy meals during the week. You know, things such as pot pie filling, pie crust, homemade pasta sauce, soups, and the like. Mattie even brought me a large pizza from my favorite spot in St. Louis, which was in the freezer (and now is in his belly). He’ll eat frozen butter and frozen meats. He’ll take stuff out, hide it while it defrosts, and help himself to its yumminess a few days later. We’ve tried everything, including a padlock, which he has eaten through. Now we know how he does it, thanks to this yellow lab.
2. Grocery Store Symphony. I really want to know how it long took to practice this and get it exactly right. The grocery store clerks play Jingle Bells with their scanners. Pretty incredible, actually.
1. Impressions of Celebrities. Oh my gosh. This girl is so freaking good! She does impressions of celebrities stuck in traffic and I’ll be darned if she doesn’t nail every, single one of them. She is my hero! I want to be her.
Have a great weekend!