It occurred to me the other day that many of you do not know why this series is called Gin and Topics.
It’s not because I have a thing for gin (in fact, I don’t really like it).
It’s because my name is pronounced Gin-eeee. So, if you shorten it like my mom does, it’s Gin. Like the drink.
Hence, Gin and Topics.
We had a contest many years ago to come up with the name and this was the winning entry.
So clever, I’m kind of bummed I didn’t come up with it myself.
Before we get into this week’s videos, Buddy the Elf would like to remind you there are only seven more Fridays until Christmas.
And, if you take our online course—The Modern Blogging Masterclass—you can hang out with me for the next four (of five) Thursdays before Christmas.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Deb Dobson and yours truly.
5. Real People, Fake Arms. Sandra Bullock “refused” to use her own arms because she was a hand model at the time so they were insured for $50,000 each. So she and all of the other actors had to use fake arms. Oh, Jimmy Fallon. You never disappoint.Jimmy Fallon and Sandra Bullock make sundaes using fake arms.Click To Tweet
4. I Ate My the Halloween Candy. This is always one of the best features of the year. Jimmy Kimmel gets parents to tell their kids they ate their Halloween candy. What ensues is always hilarious!Hey, Jimmy Kimmel! I told my kids I ate all of their Halloween candy. So funny!Click To Tweet
3. Democratic Debate Cold Open. Larry David plays Bernie Sanders on Saturday Night Live for the Democratic debates. And, as an added bonus, Alec Baldwin plays Jim Webb. Let’s not overlook that. You know these comedians wait their entire lives to be able to play a Presidential candidate on SNL.Larry David plays Bernie Sanders on SNL with some great quipsClick To Tweet
2. Amy Schumer’s Photo with the Hemsworths. This is about a year old, but I somehow missed it the first time around. Amy Schumer is on Ellen and describes a photo her sister took of her with the Hemsworths. Poor Kim.
1. Lip Sync Battle. The Hough siblings battle it out in Lip Sync Battle. It’s hard to decide the clear winner. Derek with his blond wig and back-up dancers or Julianne with her hot pants and topless men. I’m going Julianne because her dancers do push-ups.The Hough siblings battle it out on Lip Sync Battle with LL Cool JClick To Tweet
Have a great weekend!