Baseball season’s underway. Well, you’d better get ready for a brand new day. Hey, Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today (er, tomorrow).
They’re singing…Go, Cubs, Go! Go, Cubs Go! Hey, Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today (er, tomorrow).
Go, Cubs, Go! Go, Cubs, Go! Hey, Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today (er, tomorrow).
Had the Cubs not beat the Giants in game four, we had tickets to game five last night.
So I was torn: Did I want them to win so I didn’t have to stress or did I want them to lose so I could go to game five?
I’m glad they won, though. Less stress is always good. Plus, the late nights were killing me.
Which is why I was rooting for the Nats to win.
Alas, back to the west coast to play the Dodgers means more late nights.
We’ll see you tomorrow night, boys! Wrigley Field, here we come!
Also, 10 more Fridays until Christmas!
And now I present you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of my momma, Mattie Dietrich, and me.
5. Butternut Squash Guide – You Suck at Cooking. Is it a purse for your banana? A squash case? A vegetable ladle? Or is it actually a recipe? You decide!
4. Blake Shelton Teaches Jimmy How to Milk a Cow. This really needs no introduction. The title says it all. And it’s awesome.
3. Lin-Manuel Miranda Monologue on SNL. Seriously, I love him so much. I’m sad I will be seeing Hamilton without him, but I hear it’s still fantastic. So I’ll lick my wounds and suck it up. This monologue he did for SNL last week is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! He makes political comments without being a jerk about it. Love.
2. Average Andy with Simone Biles. Andy is Ellen’s executive producer and he is “completely average.” Ellen pairs him up with people at the top of their game so they can teach him a thing or two. In this episode, Simone Biles tries to teach him a simple pivot turn on the beam. Poor Andy.
1. Hillary Clinton And Donald Trump Singing “The Time Of My Life”. We need some levity in this train wreck of an election. And someone who has way too much time on their hands (I’m jealous I didn’t think of it!) thought it’d be fun to have the candidates sing a love song to one another. You’re welcome.
Have a great weekend! Go Cubs!