Laura Petrolino has commented on every single article I have penned this week, asking why I haven’t wished her a happy birthday in any of them.
So here you go, Laura.
Happy belated birthday!
(I also doubt she’ll see this because she has the day off today to celebrate said birthday. From four days ago.)
So happy belated birthday to her and happy early birthday to me (in eight days)!
Now that I have that out of the way…I give you this week’s Gin and Topics.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. Momsplaining with Kristen Bell. I am fearful of what my child would say if asked if her mommy drinks wine. Heck, we all know what she’d say (and it’d be true). What I’m fearful of is the embellishment like one little boy in this video.
4. The Publix Musical. Now look, I don’t live anywhere near a Publix so I don’t fully understand the, uh, passion surrounding the brand. But I understand people LOVE their Publix. So much so, in fact, that one high school created a musical about its founder and his legacy of giving. If that isn’t some serious brand loyalty, I don’t know what is.
3. Welcome to Minnesota. I still can’t figure out why anyone thought it was a good idea to have the Super Bowl in the frozen tundra. Yet, here we are. To help game goers prepare, a middle school created a video. It welcomes visitors to the Super Bowl and reminds them to bring their coats, hats, and gloves. (I would add toe and hand warmers, scarves, layers and layers and layers, and mittens over your gloves.)
2. Michelle Obama Talks with Ellen About Post-White House Life. In her first TV interview since leaving the White House, Michelle Obama chatted with Ellen about her family’s “normal” life in Washington, D.C., the awkward gift she received from the Trumps at the Inauguration, and a special birthday present from Michelle and Ellen’s favorite store. I love the story about the doorbell and how the dogs don’t know what that is. Plus all the tulips on Ellen’s set! That is my dream!
1. Kalen Reacts: Ketchup Cake. I have seen this guy all over Facebook with videos where he criticizes food videos. I finally took the time to watch a few and OH MY GOSH!! He is completely right about the ketchup cake. That’s just wrong.
Contribute to Gin and Topics
Have a great video to contribute to Gin and Topics?
Send it to us!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to us.