I have had the craziest week! On Tuesday, I flew to Cleveland to speak not once, not twice, but three times at Content Marketing World.
Wednesday began with a session on how to use media relations to drive SEO. Some of you, in fact, have seen that exact presentation.
Then I moved to the main expo floor to participate in Hollywood Squares. To say I was nervous is putting it mildly and then Andrew Davis showed up with pre-written jokes.
But I embraced it and, when it was my turn to answer a question, I walked across the really high (I mean, really high) set to sit in his chair and use one of his jokes. It was way more fun than I expected and a great idea from Joe Pulizzi and his team.
Then I moderated a panel of Ruth Carter and Justin Levy on the FTC and guidelines for both social media and content. It was a lively event and I got Justin to admit, on stage, that I get more steps every day than he does. It was quite a crowning achievement for me!
Well, me and 13,999 other people. She was HILARIOUS, but highly inappropriate. Rachel Feinstein opened for her; she was great, too!
Of course, when you do this stuff, you see old friends and make new friends. It was fun to have random encounters with Chicago friends I have to leave the city to see and some of our Spin Sucks readers.
I’m headed home now and will be happy to see my own bed.
While I’m in-flight, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of my momma, Jo Lynn Deal, Mattie Dietrich, and yours truly.
5. Slippery Squirrel. Some of you know I hate squirrels. There is a very good reason for this and that is because they eat my tulips, which are my favorite flower. Every time I see one of those little jerks with one of my bulbs in its mouth, I go ballistic. That is why I LOVE stuff like this. You will, too. They are rats with fluffy tails, after all. There is nothing lovable about them.
4. See You Again. Aaron Blank, a communicator and PR firm owner in Seattle, and his family adopted Ermias and, shortly after he arrived, they discovered he has a rare disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa (or just EB). What this means is he lacks a protein that binds skin together so his skin tears apart, blisters and sheers off, and often the wounds never heal. But you have to see this kid. I’ve never seen a happier little boy.
3. The Slingshot. I’m fairly certain I also would pass out eight (or more) times.
2. Let’s Draw Love. I mean, really. Kids drawing what they think love feels like? You can’t lose.
1. Lip Sync Battle. And the piece de resistance. Jimmy Fallon and Ellen DeGeneres have a lip sync battle, which you know is going to be awesome, but then they throw Justin Timberlake in, as a judge, for good measure. It’s a great way to start your weekend. You’re welcome.
Have a great weekend!