Don’t think I didn’t see Laura Petrolino trying to change the name of this series and make it all about her.
And on my birthday, too. The shame!
I should do a poll to see if that’s grounds for firing. My guess is you’ll all agree with me.
You’re fired, Petro!
While I go deal with that HR issue on a Friday afternoon, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are courtesy of Alina Kelly, Mattie Dietrich, and yours truly.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. Robert Irwin and Jimmy Fallon Cuddle a Sloth. Oh my word! To see this kid is like seeing Steve Irwin all over again. He’s passionate and smart and does a GREAT interview. There are many adults who could take lessons from him. This is a super fun interview, and you’ll learn a thing or two.
4. Adopt a Bachelor. This is so freaking fantastic! A New Mexico animal shelter produces “The Bachelor” with a bunch of women and Stuart, the bachelor dog. The creativity is great—I hope Stuart gets adopted!
3. Notes: A Life Story, a Love Story. I’m very sorry for what this is about to do to you. Very, very sorry. Get some tissues ready. It’s worth the watch, but man! The tears!
2. Proof is in the Panty. I’ve been seeing the videos for Thinx go around, but hadn’t taken the time to watch any of them. And then Mattie sent me this one and now I’m hooked. I love, “I mean, you try advertising underwear for periods.” Not that it’s an awkward subject at all. I love it!
1. Finish the Lyric. “This is what happens when you have two contestants who host their own shows.” We need this video after the Love Notes one. You would think having James Corden on “Finish the Lyric” would be a no-brainer. Alas. Ellen is much better at it. Ellen, who sang “Can’t Stop the Feeling” incorrectly in front of Justin Timberlake. (Telling you who won isn’t a spoiler alert.)
Have a great weekend! And, don’t forget…if you see a video you think is a contender for Gin and Topics, send it to me!