It’s Friday! And it’s the weekend before Halloween, which means you have today and tomorrow to get your pumpkin entry in on our Facebook wall.
I saw some of the prizes yesterday and I may have to enter myself! They’re goooood!
We’ll be announcing the winners on Monday.
So do that sometime before midnight on Saturday and read (and watch) Gin and Topics right now.
5. SNL Honors Steve Jobs; Skewers Netflix and Facebook. Thanks to Lisa Thorell, I saw this Saturday Night Live skit “hosted” by Charlie Rose where they honor Steve Jobs and skewer Netflix and Facebook. There are a few other cameos you just have to see for yourself.
4. Volkswagen Launch New Beetle with Brilliant Augmented Reality Campaign. This doesn’t make me want to buy a VW, but it does make me want to steal a bunch of ideas for clients and my own businesses. For those of you in PR, marketing, or advertising, it’s a not-to-be-missed campaign. Thanks to today’s #FollowFriday, Ken Mueller, for sending it to me.
3. Prostitue Turned Into Donkey. You just can’t make this stuff up. A man was arrested for bestiality. His defense? A prostitute turned into a donkey during sex.
2. Miss Representation: Is the Media Misrepresenting Women? Jenelle Conner sent this video to me the other day. I watched it twice. My thoughts/feelings are mixed, at best. Sometime in the next week or so I’ll pull together what I think about it and write a blog post. In the meantime, it’s a must watch. And I’m curious to hear what you think.
1. TakeThisLollipop. This has been making the rounds, but if you haven’t seen it yet, it’s something you need to check out. It’ll make Howie Goldfarb have convulsions. As a marketer, it’s interesting to see what kind of data you can get online for customers and prospects. As a human being, it’s pretty scary to see what kinds of information people can get about you from your online presence.
Have a great weekend…and don’t forget to send us your pumpkin carved photo!