Well, I’m nine days into National Novel Writing Month and I have to say, it’s totally fun!
It’s not like writing a business book or a blog, both of which I love. But it’s totally different because you get sucked into the story and the characters become friends, if not members of the family.
Did anyone see the movie “Ruby Sparks?” It’s like that. You can make your characters do whatever you want them to do and it’s pretty freaking amazing.
There have been several times that I’ve set my timer for an hour and looked up, when my phone starts chirping, to wonder where I am. I can only hope you like reading it as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it.
While you wait for me to finish writing, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
5. Tech Talk: iPhone 5. In this clip, Saturday Night Live “talks” to CNET, Wired, and Gizmodo about the flaws with the iPhone 5. About halfway through, the host (played by Christina Applegate) invites the “peasant laborers” from the factory in China where the iPhone is manufactured to listen to the complaints. You can thank Kyle Akerman for this brilliant piece of comedy.
4. Sophia Grace and Rosie Meet Russell Brand. For those of you who don’t know Sophia Grace and Rosie, they were “discovered” by Ellen DeGeneres when Sophia Grace sang a Nicki Minaj song and Rosie was dancing next to her as her “hype” girl. They turn up on Ellen’s show every once in a while and have interviewed celebrities. They’re both from England – Essex – and this is a clip of them meeting Russell Brand, who also is from Essex. One more thing to note: Sophia Grace and Rosie are nine and five, respectively. You can thank my phenomenally hilarious sister-in-law, Mattie Dietrich, for this.
3. The Guide to Trading Candy. This is a little bit late, but hopefully you still have Halloween candy at your house in order to try this. It’s the rules for trading candy. For instance, Pop Rocks and Nerds are essentially the same thing, but you have to put them into different groups and trade them separately. I think you’ll agree with Michael Koehler and me that it’s a great guide for any kind of candy exchange.
2. Dragon Baby. This one clearly stuck with a few people because both Rusty Speidel and Adam Justice sent it to me. It’s a toddler kicking the butt of a stuff dragon. I know, it sounds ridiculous. Trust me. It’s not.
1. Buyral. Tired of people asking you why their video isn’t going viral? Ever lost a client because you couldn’t make their video go viral? Well, now there is an answer! Just get Buyral and people around the world, young and old alike, will click on your video to give it the views it needs to go viral. Never again do you have to hear, “We want this to go viral.” The answer is here and you can thank Jessica Malnik for finding it for you.
Have a great weekend all! And go Bears! We’re moving toward 8-1!