I actually cannot stand the taste of gin, which is odd, seeing as it’s the image we use.
And, because of said image, it totally makes sense you’d think I love gin.
My mom calls me Gin (and close friends do, too), which is how the name of this series came about.
That and, when I introduce myself, I say, “It’s pronounced Gin (like the drink), eeee.”
So there you have it…a little bit of naming history for you!
For this Memorial Day edition of Gin and Topics, videos are courtesy of Nancy Davis, Sue Duris, Erika Heald, Susan Cellura, and yours truly.
Gin and Topics for Your Viewing Pleasure
5. Schoolhouse Rock: I’m Just a Lie. Remember Schoolhouse Rock: I’m Just a Bill? Jimmy Kimmel took that and created new lyrics for it to explain to kids why our president lies and presents alternative facts. “Real facts are so depressing.”
4. Crosswalk the Musical: Beauty and the Beast. Join James Corden and Beauty and the Beast stars (and company) in the crosswalk outside of CBS Studios for a reenactment of some of the best songs. It’s worth the watch just to see Corden dressed as Belle…or to see them rush out of the crosswalk when the light changes. The looks on people’s faces are priceless. “I’m sorry I was late for work. James Corden reenacted Beauty and the Beast in the street and I could not look away.”
3. Dog Photobombs Newscast. This is what it is like every time I turn the video on on my computer! Jack Bauer appears out of nowhere and wants to be part of it. #DumbDogs
2. The Things You Don’t Say to Your Wife. This should be required viewing the night before a wedding. And not just for men…it’s for everyone!
1. Adam Scott Surprised by His Idol, Mark Hamill. I’m not going to lie: This made me tear up a little bit. Adam Scott is so surprised, you can see him shaking. I feel like this would be my reaction if I met Robert Downey, Jr. As a side note: When we were kids, all of my friends (and my aunt) were in love with Han Solo. Not me. I loved, loved, loved Luke Skywalker. I’m still bummed I didn’t get to meet him at Content Marketing World last year.
Don’t forget…if you see a great video you think would be a contender for this series, send it to me!
The best place to send it is in our Slack community, but you can also email, text, private message, or carrier pigeon it to me.
Have a great weekend!