Our 16-year-old nephew is here from St. Louis to spend the weekend so we are going to (finally) see Guardians of the Galaxy, see the Bears play in the first pre-season game, take in a Cubs game, and he has requested a couple of homemade meals.
For those of you who have teenagers, you know how difficult it is to get any emotion out of them, but when we asked what he wanted to eat, he got very excited and listed off a few things.
My life is complete.
This is also the kid who, when he was nine or 10, told me I could compete on Top Chef.
He clearly figured out the way to my heart as a child.
While we’re out taking the city by storm, I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
This week’s videos are brought to you by Jason Konopinski, Jessica Malnik, Mattie Dietrich, Mickey Gomez, and yours truly.
1. You’re the One that I Want in ASL. This girl (who is so stinking adorable!) is an American Sign Language interpreter. Her fiance has learned sign language so they can do song interpretations together. You’ll be in love with them by the end.
2. How to Stop a Baby from Crying. OH MY HECK!! All you parents out there with babies need to remember this one. Katy Perry stops babies from crying!
3. Daddy Daughter Dance-Off. This guy’s daughter choreographed a dance and made her dad learn it. This is the result. So. Freaking. Cute.
2. #ShareaCoke with the McGillicuddys. You know how all the Coke and Diet Coke cans have names on them? The cans that will never have my name on them and I keep reverting back to childhood when my brothers could buy keychains with their names on them and I was left with nothing. But, you know, not that I’m bitter or anything. That said, I really love this video about a couple who drinks Diet Coke with their names on the cans.
1. Morgan Freeman Chats with Jimmy Fallon on Helium. I’m not sure I will ever take Morgan Freeman seriously again. I was laughing so hard, I gave myself an asthma attack. I mean, it’s hard not to love Jimmy Fallon, but when he encourages a great actor to suck in helium and talk on national television? That’s a whole new level of love.
Have a great weekend!