I have had an incredible week. A true once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
About a year ago, Kelli Matthews—a PR professor at the University of Oregon and online turned IRL friend—asked me if I would consider being an executive in residence for their PR program for this spring’s quarter.
Flattered, I said, “ABSOLUTELY!”
Well, that week finally arrived and I spent time in nine classes, did one formal presentation, had lunch with some of the PR student leaders, reviewed portfolios, heard presentations, and saw some of the work they’re doing for real clients.
I even had the opportunity to meet the Allen Hall PR Firm director and several of their account supervisors and account executives.
To say I was completely blown away is putting it mildly.
After the first day, I texted Laura Petrolino and said, “There are at least seven people I want to hire NOW!” (She said I can’t hire seven people now.)
I am leaving Eugene inspired, motivated, and creative. I’ll have more about my trip next week…after I have time to let it all settle in my brain.
While I do that (and travel home), I’ll leave you with Gin and Topics.
5. Black Widow Trailer. After we saw The Avengers, I posted on Facebook, “Who else wants to be Scarlett Johansson right now?” I mean, acting (and doing the press junkets) with Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, and RDJ?!? Yes, please! Well, now she has her own superhero movie as Black Widow, too.
4. Mother’s Day from Sean and Scott. Sean Hayes and Scott Icenogle are back with a lip sync! This time it’s in time for Mother’s Day. I heart them.
3. Jimmy Fallon and Jack Black Recreate “More Than Words.” This? This is perfection.
2. Amy Schumer: 12 Angry Men. Amy Schumer is at it again. This time she uses “12 Angry Men” to mock our society for putting way too much emphasis on a person’s looks. With lots of famous men, including Dennis Quaid (sigh…dreamy).
1. Ryan Gosling Eats His Cereal. I’ll leave you on kind of sad, but very touching, note. Ryan Gosling finally eats his cereal.
Happy Mother’s Day! Don’t forget to call your moms! Mama, I’ll call you!