I don’t think he did it.
And happy long weekend to my U.S. friends. Our Independence Day is on Monday so there won’t be a guest blogger at the beginning of the week. I’ll likely do a fun new tool or book review. Haven’t decided yet.
If you’re bored this weekend or need alone time, following is Gin and Topics for your pleasure.
5. The Man Behind the Myth. This was my favorite blog post of the week and guess what? It’s not about PR, marketing, social media, or anything business-related, as it turns out. It’s an ode Shonali Burke wrote to her husband, John, in honor of his birthday. It’s a real-life love story that began with them meeting when they got married; him from the U.S. and her from India (so no, not an arranged marriage). Read it. Trust me on this.
4. One Billion Nobody Wants. The Federal Reserve is sitting on more than a billion dollar coins. The bank is forced to keep the coins in its vaults because they are unpopular with the public. The coins are expected to keep piling up because Congress requires the U.S. Mint to make them. Yes, in today’s economy. They’re just sitting on them. I want it! I’ll take it!
3. Want to Write for Open Forum? If you’re interested in writing for Open Forum (I am!), this blog post gives you the good, the bad, they ugly, and how to apply.
2. Marketing Lessons from Seth Godin. Seth Godin is one of the few marketing “gods” I really respect. I’m not a fan of his blog, but I am a big fan of his ideals, philosophies, and experiments. Mitch Joel does a great job of breaking down seven lessons you can learn from Seth, mostly surrounding his The Domino Project. If you have any marketing responsibilities at all, this is a must read, must digest, must implement.
1. Socialnomics Revolution. There is a brand new update on the Socialnomics video. Some of it will look familiar, but a good portion of it is new.
With that, have a happy long weekend!